Sunday 1 July 2007

Big Brother 8: Unhappy Birthday

Another Big Brother episode that is intangible and unmemorable floats by. The nomination thing was funny and embarrassing for some, I always like it when they show them up like that.
I shared Brian's frustration that there were no fun girls in there. No fun guys either. When Gerry pretending to talk to his mum in Greek on the fish phone is a highlight, you know something is amiss.
And how much more of this Chanelle/ Ziggy situation can we take? He never stops needling her for reassurance. I swear I would have punched him in the face by now. She doesn't help though, she encourages it if anything. His patronising 'I'm so proud of you' speech had me gagging too. What a tosser. And still he's about my third favourite in the house.
The party was funny, but I feel like they edit out half the good bits sometimes, especially this series. However, Charley's drunk ramble at the end was particularly good- how hung up on Ziggy is she still? They should definitely give them more booze and more parties as it makes for a more entertaining housemate.
I think Big Brother fatigue is setting in now, and they need to do something drastic. Unfortunately, the producers seem completely out of ideas too. It's a shame: there's a long way to go, and a ratings disaster could spell the end for Big Brother- no matter how much money they throw at it.

No comments: