Sunday 7 January 2007

The Death of Deal or No Deal

About three months ago I had the radio whilst I was washing up in the kitchen, and on the news someone announced that a contestant had won the £250,000 on Deal or No Deal, my favourite programme. I was VERY annoyed. Having kept this to myself for all this time so I didn't spoil the surprise for my boyfriend, today I got two texts, one from my best mate and one from my mum, saying 'did you watch Deal or no Deal today?' Despite the casual nature of these messages, I knew what this meant.
So, still keeping schtum, I sat down with my boyfriend to watch. It was still very good, entertaining and tense, and the contestant was very brave, but I'm sure it would have been better had I not known. It was cool to see Noel with a tear in his eye.
However, now the gold has been discovered, does this spell the death of Deal? Can there ever be such satisfaction at beating the banker again? Or do Noel and co face the inevitable decline that Millionaire has been wading through for... ooh, about five years?
I hope not. I love Noel and the Deal format. Hopefully next time, I won't know what's going to happen. And I'm still proud of myself for keeping my mouth shut for so long!

No comments: