Wednesday 9 April 2008

Newsflash: God Vs The Daily Mail

Two stories caught my eye in the Daily Hate recently, Yesterday the story of a mother who gave birth to twins and needed a simple blood transfusion, but the family denied it because she was a Jehovah's witness. The doctors begged them five times to let her live. Her mother said, 'At least she died faithful to God'. If her mother had said that in front of me, I would have fucking knocked her out. That's not a mother. Mothers would do ANYTHING to protect their child. How could they have stood by? The thought of my mum standing by and letting that happen... well, it just wouldn't happen. If I'm a heathen because of that, good. If I'm going to hell, good, cos I wouldn't want to go to any heaven with fuck-ups like that in it*. If I'd been a doctor or nurse working there, I don't think I could have gone into work ever again. It's murder, as far as I'm concerned, simple as that. Straight to hell for that family, do not pass go, do not collect 200. I would love to hear them explain that one to her babies.
*Of course, it's all bollocks anyway.
The other story that enraged me was 'Barred from fostering because we admitted smacking our daughter as a last resort' (and isn't that a snappy headline?) This is typical Mail stuff- look at the poor christian folk who won't tell their kids about gays but will smack them one. People hit kids because they are too stupid to say 'NO'. The opening paragraph is a treat though; 'Their local council was so desperate for foster parents that it said even single mothers and criminals would be considered.' Just re-read that. Single mothers! On a par with criminals! And EVEN criminals might be alright parents, dependent on the crime. It might just be a spot of fraud or something. I'm only surprised homosexuals weren't mentioned and decried, like they normally are.
I got a little sickly cat last week, and I could not touch a strand of it's fur. No matter how naughty it was, it would never cross my mind to raise my hand to it. I can only imagine you'd want to protect your children about a thousand million times more. I was never hit as a child, there's no reason to hit a child, ever, except the fact you're too thick to realise there's another way. Just face it, you like hitting kids, and therefore you're a bad parent and not fit to adopt. So good! I'm glad they didn't let you.
Result- God- nil. The Mail- nil. Looks like the dark side wins this time! And every time. Woo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SUMMARIES OF 1000 JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES MEDICAL LAWSUITS & OTHER COURT CASES

The following website summarizes over 500 Jehovah's Witnesses Employment related lawsuits, etc., including DOZENS of court cases in which JW Employees refused blood transfusions, and/or other cases involving Worker's Comp, medical, health, and disability issues:

EMPLOYMENT ISSUES UNIQUE TO JEHOVAH'S WITNESS EMPLOYEES

http://jwemployees.bravehost.com

The following website summarizes over 500 U.S. court cases and lawsuits affecting children of Jehovah's Witness Parents, including 370 cases where the JW Parents refused to consent to life-saving blood transfusions for their dying children:

DIVORCE, BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS, AND OTHER LEGAL ISSUES AFFECTING CHILDREN OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

http://jwdivorces.bravehost.com

* (asterisk) said...

I'm all for smacking kids, personally. Not as the first line of defence, but I'm not against it altogether. Sometimes they just need a bloody good slap across the ass. IMHO, and all hat.

* (asterisk) said...

I meant "and all that", of course.

lightupvirginmary said...

I'm all for smacking other people's kids, of course. :-)