Friday 7 September 2007

This is the news

In it's own sick way the news is entertainment, or it is when I want to comment on it. Two things in the news blew my mind today. One, rather predictably, was the Madeleine McCann case. I'm willing to nail my colours to the mast here and say there is NO WAY that the parents did it. It's impossible. There are just too many things about it that don't add up (to them having done it), none of which I will bore you with here, as we are all completely bombarded with every detail daily anyway.
If the parents did it, the earth may as well drop out of the sky right now, because nothing can ever be right again. Humanity may as well pack it's bags. They went and met the POPE, for fuck's sake.
But I'm not naive. There's just no way they did it. It really does sicken me to think what they have been through, and what those incompetent Portuguese police are putting them through right now. And what narrow-minded people who believe everything they read are saying about the whole thing. This is going to drag on and on. It's thoroughly depressing.
The second news story that left me aghast (only because I wanted to use the word aghast, cos it's ace) was that of the 14-year-old girl who stabbed her sister in the back (literally) and killed her, after an argument about one of their boyfriends' working at Morrisons (not the best career choice, but their loo roll is on offer at the mo).
Apparently, stabbing your sibling in the back is manslaughter. NO IT ISN'T! Running over an old dear in your car is manslaugher. Tripping over with a knife in your hand and stabbing someone is manslaughter. Sticking a knife, in anger, in your sister is MURDER! I've had some family scraps in my time, but I've never got a carving knife out to solve the issue. Taking out of the picture the punishment aspect (which I'm getting to) the girl is clearly a psycho!
Her sentence? Three and a half years. Three and a half YEARS! For murdering her sister! Fuck me. I wish I'd known about this years ago, I would have offed a few of my own family members.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Running over an old dear in your car is manslaughter*

I thought you were referring to an old woman - y'know, fair game in that case lol

Anonymous said...

hang on - you were!
It doesn't take much to confuse me does it

lightupvirginmary said...

and the spelling lesson today begins with simple four letter words... haha.

* (asterisk) said...

McCanns. We debated this before, you and I. I think they were negligent, at the least. Perhaps criminal (if one is to believe the sedation rumours). Either way, they should be on trial. If they had been chavs in Magaluf, they would be in the dock already. Don't like 'em; don't trust 'em.

lightupvirginmary said...

I'm sure you are wrong. And even if you're not, I'd rather be wrong than agree with you, because it is just beyond belief if true.
But I think the truth will out. I hope so.