Tuesday 8 May 2007

Little Miss Sunshine

Another rainy day, another film, so yesterday's download was Little Miss Sunshine.
It was entertaining with lovely moving music and a likeable cast. Olive, the little girl was really cute, and a god actress. I especially liked the mute teenage boy but don’t tell anyone. I’m not a pervert, honest.
All in all it was very watchable, but not as groundbreaking as I’d hoped from all the hoo-ha about it. It was pretty clichéd in parts with quite generic characters in some ways.
I also found the scene at the end where the little girl dances slightly dubious and although I got it, it just feels like it’s been done before (see Napoleon Dynamite).
I don’t know, no films are satisfying me these days! I feel hard to please.
PS. My film reviews are so lame. I just don't feel as passionately about films as music.

4 comments:

Un-chained said...

The grandfather in it is just so funny though. I watched this a while ago with no preconceptions. I can see why the granddad got best supporting actor at the oscars. Hilarious.

lightupvirginmary said...

He was good! It was a shame he died.

* (asterisk) said...

I've got a lot of film reviews to catch up on. There's a list of 17 I still have to write, including this one...

lightupvirginmary said...

I'm sure you'll do a better job than my half-arsed approach!