Monday 2 April 2012

Rant: Chris Brown is Number 1 in the UK. Pleased with yourselves?

I have to write this blog because I am so fucking incensed and if I don’t get it out I might have to go outside and scream. Chris Brown’s latest song is number one in the UK which can only mean the idiots are out in force. I am honestly ashamed of my country, as if there’s ever been much to be proud of. This is it’s lowest point. After he beat the shit out of Rhianna, we banned him from the UK. No doubt now we’ll be rolling out the red carpet (as they did at the Grammys, which he gloated about) for the pop-prick scumbag. Every time I see his face it makes me want to smash my TV screen/ computer (but even I don’t do that because inanimate objects are worth something… more than women, apparently).
For every accolade you give this guy, another woman is suffering in silence. Another woman or young girl gets the message that it’s OK to be hit, and a guy gets the message that if you do hit a woman, give it a year, and it will all be forgotten. Hit the bitch. Do it.
And don’t accuse me of saying people can’t change. I know more than most that people can. People can change after they’ve taken a long hard look at their life and repented. But I’ve never once seen this piece of shit say sorry, all I’ve seen is his self-aggrandising, gloating and general aggression and bullying.
Maybe if he considered giving a slice (no, all) of the profits of his single to Refuge or Women’s Aid (or the American equivalent) we could imagine he’d taken one single step on the road to retribution. This joker isn’t even on the path to it. I don’t think he knows it exists.
The most disgusting thing about the whole sorry tale is that people (and specifically) women are defending him. I got into an argument with someone claiming to be a foster mother on Digital Spy defending him and saying ‘Rhianna probably provoked him.’ That woman is presumably fostering children from abusive backgrounds and proudly says she’s buying them the Chris Brown record. Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire.
And it’s not like these comments are even 50/50. I’d say about 70% are defending this man and calling me crazy. Has the world gone completely insane? I was called a troll for standing up for women’s rights. Are women just too scared to speak up? It's like trying to talk sense into a hamster or a box of cereal these people are so willfully stupid.
Someone else said, ‘who are we to judge?’ Sentient humans, that’s who. I can look at the picture of Rhianna’s battered face after he threw her out of a car and judge quite easily, thank you very much. It’s not very difficult at all.
Others are saying, ‘What's his past got to do with his ‘talent’? Well I haven't seen Gary Glitter on TV lately, have you? Or is punching women more acceptable than abusing children? Well, that goes without saying, we’re just women, and we push those buttons and we ask for it, don’t we? Just ask Dennis Waterman.
‘Your personal life has nothing to do with your job’ – really? Tell that to doctors who sleep with patients, teachers who sleep with their pupils. It’s worse if you’re famous in a way because it doesn’t just affect you, the whole world is being given the message: ‘violence is OK’.
The people on Digital Spy (which should be renamed Digital Spite) are so pig thick, they can’t see what’s in front of their own faces. So I’m bitter and I should get a life. I’m stupid. Funny, because it’s that sort of language that’s how the whole thing starts, isn’t it?
Some other dickhead said ‘it takes two to tango’. I’ve never heard of a tango being done in the front of a moving car and ending with one person being chucked out of it and left with black eyes, and a swollen face, have you? Never seen that one on Strictly yet. Maybe next year.
The defence that ‘well Rhianna has forgiven him’ is paper-thin. Rhianna can do whatever she likes, including be an appalling example if she wants, that’s up to her and she’s young and from what I’ve seen in interviews, quite stupid. I’m not going to victim-blame. Whether she has forgiven him is neither here nor there. He should be made an example of. He should never be let on a TV screen or a stage ever again.
But 300 women a day are being turned away from refuges because of Tory cuts and they have to go home and face their 'Chris Brown' because they don't have Rhianna's money or status. She has set an appalling example by ever even speaking to him again, in my opinion, but that’s up to her. But think of those other women who plucked up the courage to leave, possibly with their kids, and got sent away from that refuge. Sent back home to that man. No wonder two women are dying at their partner’s hand a week: David Cameron is virtually beating them to death himself.
If you want to see what society is really like, click here. But they’ll probably lock that topic or delete my posts soon. Because women should just put up and shut up. Give Chris Brown another gong. Do a collaboration with him. Fucking disgusting.
PS: I listened to the song. It’s rubbish.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please grow up.

lightupvirginmary said...

Please go fuck yourself.

Anonymous said...

Please act your age and not 10 years old, insulting people just shows what you are as a person.

lightupvirginmary said...

And you defending an unrepentant wife beater shows what kind of person you are: a fucking bell-end.

Anonymous said...

Who was defending him? Get your facts right before you start throwing your weight around, it's no attractive or nice. Go and learn how to speak to people in a polite manner instead of jumping down everyone's throat please.

lightupvirginmary said...

It's my blog: I'll talk to you however I like. If you don't like it, you know what you can do. You can intelligently disagree with me rather than telling me to grow up but how can you argue with plain common sense? Ps. Posting anonymously is lame.